Tuesday, November 01, 2005

"Eye Sour Lolly"

I just read back over my previous post titled "Eye Candy" and smirked at the enthusiasm jumping out at me. If my enthusiasm were a type of candy, it would have represented Hubba Bubba (gum). The flavour was intense, yet short lived. In fact, the gum got stuck to my shoe without me realising it, before it caught itself onto some gravel, and pulled itself away from me.

Please welcome "Eye Sour Lolly" onto centre stage. Thunderous applause. Dead silence. Previously this fine chap was known as "Eye Candy." Indeed he sure was fine.

It turns out that in 5 years, a person can change almost beyond recognition. How Eye Candy could have changed THAT much is beyond me. When I got to meet him last week and saw him smile, at that very second I thought he resembled his old self. But as soon as the smile faded, so did my Eye Candy.

Call me shallow but I do not want to get involved with someone who does not catch my eye a little. I am not after Brad Pitt (although that would be nice). I just want someone "normal" looking. I am sick of hearing "this guy is nice, BUT he has/is....(name complexity/complication/defect)". I am all butted out. Just normality is all I ask. Where are these guys? Do they even exist?

I am back to square one again it seems. I am just fortunate this time round I didn't get my hopes up (too much, anyway).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allah works in mysterious ways. Insh'Allah you will get the full package soon. He HAS to exist!