Thursday, June 29, 2006

Content :)

Okay, so I have my mojo back to write. Whether my stomach is happy with that or not, I will never know because I just heard it growl at me. But that could just have something to do with the gastro I am probably getting.

So I type, admiring my engagement and wedding bands as they glimmer under the office lights. Having not taken my rings with me on my honeymoon, I have found that since I returned and began wearing them, I have become hypnotised by them. I have never been big on jewellery – but getting used to wearing a bit of bling was almost a natural transition from ‘clearly single’ to ‘look at me, I’m a princess’. Alright I am kidding. But I do become quite a bimbo when I start discussing my rings. I better stop. I better say MashAllah also.

As for an update on the wedding, honeymoon and married life?

Wedding: Alhamdulilah I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day (everything went according to plan!), and most importantly, I walked away knowing I made the right choice in marrying a man I could have only dreamt of previously.

Honeymoon: Again, SubhanAllah – perfect. If anyone wants suggested honeymoon destinations, just ask me. Three weeks in Malaysia was divine. We found a remote place for swimming, we ate like we’d never eat again and we spent the trip laughing like children.

Married life: What married life? We got divorced. And this was all before our 2nd month anniversary. Haha – kidding. SubhanAllah, Alhamdulilah, Allahu Akhbar. Being married to the right person is incredible. Alhamdulilah we have a very good understanding, get along like a house on fire and almost identical outlook on life.

How’s that for a summary on ‘my life’. That’d be a first for me. Usually I just cannot stop typing. However, I know I feel content enough with fewer words this time. Content is how I feel. Alhamdulilah.

No comments: