Monday, February 27, 2006

Forced feeding

The fruit and vegetable eating isn’t going all that great. My bananas have turned brown from the air-conditioning unit being switched off during the weekend. On my second day into my increased fruit and veg eating intake, I was told by a colleague that I should limit my fruit intake because fruit is high in natural sugars, and increase my vegetable intake instead. You can imagine what that did for my motivation.

Oh, it is my birthday today. Happy birthday to me! I just had a flashback of my birthday last year. I remember I was crying. InshAllah this birthday is a much happier one for me.

As I sit here eating my sweet corn and four bean salad for lunch, I am finding my swallowing to be almost forced. I’m not tracking too well with my healthy eating campaign, am I?

The scent of vinegar from my salad bites at my nostrils. Ewww.

I’m looking forward to some proper food tonight at the restaurant :)

1 comment:

person said...

interesting that your colleage said fruit is high in natural sugars, because i was having this discussion a day ago with a doctor, concerning patients with Diabetes. I asked what is the difference between a person eating say a chockolate and then someone having a big apple which may contain same sugar levels? but he said that the fruit is natural, and therefore it doesn't cause as much harm as chockolate. chockolate will cause immediate increase of sugars, whilst fruits will have their own mechanisms.

Since fruits contain a lot of good things. now a days fruits have been proven do be good for so much things, its amazing. so its good you've incorporated it into your diet.