Thursday, September 29, 2005

New beginnings

It is cold in here. If I glance to my right, through the vertical grey blinds I can catch a glimpse of the pale blue sky outside. The array of brightly coloured cars in the car park contrast with my quick yet comforting glance of nature. The green balloon that is hanging from a shelf to my right is now lightly swaying to the humming sound of the air-conditioning unit, moving left, right, left, in a rhythmic pattern. Why the air-conditioner is on, I do not know. It is a relatively cool day, and to prove this I am wearing a thermal top under my business shirt whilst a heater under my desk warms my feet until they turn pink. Each time my feet warm up too much, I swiftly turn the heater off, to find minutes later I am cold once again in which I turn the heater back on. This tends to be a reoccurring pattern.

My desk is decorated with balloons of blue, yellow, orange, red and green as colourful streamers drape down into “U” shapes between each balloon. The reason for these items, which usually one would associate with a celebration, is to mark my placement into my new role, in this new company. New faces, responsibilities and challenges. This little welcoming gesture had me smiling on my first day, and now, weeks later, still has the same effect. It is the small things in this work place that I am appreciating the most.

I'm optimistic about this new job, after having spent a few years out of university in roles in which I could not stand. With my previous position, it got to the point where I had nothing to look forward to in the mornings when I dragged myself out of bed. Nothing except for lunch of course. When lunch alone motivated me to go to work, I knew I was in trouble. It was time to move on. And moving on I have...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Great Blog!
I have a free hentai dating game site/. It pretty much covers free hentai dating game related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like your blog I came across it randomly one day and luckily I bookmarked it so I've come back many times since. Anyway, (I gotta get a plug in right? lol) You can find the best of yahoo member search at www.1coolsearch.com. See? That wasn't so bad now was it? lol

Minime said...

Again!!

I think spammers love me dearly :)