Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Islamic Hatred

Okay, not long to go now before my holiday!

I just happened to stumble across a website though and was so disturbed by it that I thought I should discuss this. The site is: http://www.islamreview.com/ and it is based on a Christian group basically just mocking Islam without ANY proof. I read the guestbook where people are constantly bringing up false facts on Islam (ie. someone said men can marry an unlimited amount of servants!) .

I would never go around mocking other people's religions. Sure, I discuss religion with friends here and there & find it interesting (although it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with them). I also tell them more about Islam as well as clear up any misconceptions they may have. But never do we EVER disrespect each other's religions in any way. That website did exactly that.

A lot of the people seem so afraid of Islam spreading and taking over the world that they feel they have to convert Muslims over to Christianity to "save them". They feel they are doing Muslims a favour. Well let me tell you - Muslims don't need converting & generally even if a Muslim is a non-practising Muslim, they will still never leave the fold of Islam (from what I have seen through various people). Deep down they are still believers. I was once approached by a lady (at a train station -- there is something with me and trains!!) who totally freaked me out. She came up and whispered to me "Jesus is Saviour". I was so irritated by that because, well for one, I'm not a fan of strangers whispering in my ear (even if I did have my headscarf protecting my ears from her), but two, I don't appreciate total stranger "preaching" to me. I have no problems discussing religion but there are certain tacts that someone must take whilst approaching such a sensitive and personal topic.

The Quran states, (2:256):


Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands
out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all
things.


These Muslim-haters that claim to be people of Faith should try promoting peace and tolerance rather than religious hatred. It is people like them that start wars. There is no compulsion in religion!! We are all "People of The Book" after all. Each to their own.

Finally, you cannot force religion upon anyone. And if these Christians from that website believe they are bringing Muslims closer to Christianity by blatantly lying about Islam then they have another thing coming.

In closing, a verse from the Quran, (10:99):


Wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will,
to believe? No soul can believe, except by the Will of God....


May God bless you all.

7 comments:

Sujith said...

insightful!

Anonymous said...

salamalaikum

Anonymous said...

Great straight thoughts u have! Where do get the quotes from Quraqn (if it is available online)

rosie said...

Hi...
Got your comment on my blog. Yeah... I like the idea of stealing Sidin's fans.. :)... but we love him too much to do that...
Haven't read your blog in detail. But plan to. Do keep visiting.

Anonymous said...

hi,

this topic came up on a friends blog and all the ruckus that it led to caused a terrible calamity...

why the hell can't people just respect religions the way it should be? half the loons who do all the religion-marketing or start all the religious wars don't know nuts about their own religion , leave alone another?

how many have died in these pointless fights. i just wish everyone would simply accept each others views and live in peace...

Anonymous said...

Interessant. Tu dois connaitre l'anglais ou hollandais::
http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/downloadFile?user=keld_bach&path=.Public/submissionpart1.avi

Minime said...

An excellent website that contains a translation of the Quran into English is: http://www.searchtruth.com/

All 114 chapters are listed there. So as not to confuse people, if you would like to read the 1st chapter for example, simply click on the "Name Meaning" for whatever chapter you like and this will display it in English. The 'Mohsin Khan' translation seems the easiest to follow.

If you have any questions, please let me know :)

Veiled Ninja